History and Vision
Legacy Foodservice Alliance is a distributor marketing and purchasing group offering a new vision of customer service to the foodservice industry. The founders are people who are Legacy names in the business, and innovators who have taken a long view of the business cycle, the industry, and its needs. Drawing on decades of cumulative experience and the positive influences of the past, Legacy has built The Distributor Group of the Future.
Established in 2009, Legacy began as a regional group of 7 Distributor locations and 31 Supplier Members. In six years, Legacy has grown to a national organization that combines the purchasing power of more than 160 independent Distributor Members and over 500 Supplier Members, bringing best practices, and best products -- at the best prices.
In March 2010, the founders invited current and prospective Distributor and Supplier Members to the first Marketplace conference in Philadelphia. Seizing upon the city’s rich history, the Marketplace featured a Benjamin Franklin reenactor who rallied guests by reading the "Declaration of Independents" modeled after Thomas Jefferson’s historic 1776 Declaration, extolling the equality of partners and unalienable rights, including "life, liberty and the pursuit of fun and prosperous business opportunities." The Declaration resonated with all and more than sixty guests rushed forward to sign the document.
Legacy was founded under the belief that all Distributor Members are to be treated equally and that working together offers numerous advantages, including:
- Access to national network of Supplier & Distributor Members
- Trust through the sharing of best practices and ideas in an intimate group
- 1Team – the Distributor and Supplier Member Advisory Board
- Simple program reporting-no upfront joining fees and no monthly/hidden fees
- Complete transparency of programs
Drawing on decades of industry experience and positive influences of the past, the Legacy team, along with Distributor and Supplier Members, has built the Distributor Group of the Future, assimilating state-of-the-art technology, coupled with industry best practices that translate into revenue generating efficiencies. Combine those with the high-touch customer service levels of the past, and you can see why Legacy creates a truly unique Group environment. Amongst the notable Supply Chain benefits:
- Procurement Services – comprised of 500+ Legacy Supplier Members marketing National Branded and Legacy’s Misty River brand products in all categories
- Group Purchasing Alliance – formed in 2012, Legacy and Bellissimo Foods joined forces to share resources and offer new opportunities through exposure to an expanded Supplier base
- The United Group (TUG) – in 2014, Legacy teamed up with The United Group, accessing over 150 Suppliers in the Non-foods, jan/san, and disposables category
- ProMark – Legacy Distributor Members have access to ProMark’s services and offerings focused on foodservice Produce procurement Regular Communications – Conference Calls, Weekly Market News, The Procurement Link and Monthly Distributor Intelligence Reports Service Provider Program – Savings opportunities on Operating Expenses (e.g. Technology, Advertising, Consulting, Office Supplies, Logistics, etc.)
At Legacy, we believe that open communication between the Distributor Members and the carefully selected Supplier Members are the building blocks of an effective Alliance. Our transparent business model establishes trust and integrity. And our focus on building strong businesses (not just purchases) reinforces the vision that Legacy is a Group distinguished by its Distributor Members, Supplier Members, and dedicated staff. Simplicity, Intimacy, Transparency, Accountability, Dependability, and Reliability. These are the cornerstones of the Incomparable Experience awaiting you at Legacy Foodservice Alliance.
It's who we are... It's what we deliver... It's what you should expect!